Yesterday when we found the heartwarming “When Dexter Met Sookie” story on the Rabbit Welfare Association and Fund website, we also noticed that RWAF has some more very useful information in the form of rabbit information brochures that are free to download. There are five of them.
1. The Reality of Small Hutches – Details what size rabbit hutch you need, depending on the number of rabbits you have and how big they are.
2. How Do You Keep Your Bunny: How to Make it Better – It’s 22 pages long and – lo and behold – it’s Dexter’s story! Gives great details on how to build a rabbit hutch that connects via a flexible “tunnel” to an outdoor exercise area, and much more.
3. A Hutch Is Not Enough – This two-page leaflet would be excellent to print and distribute at rabbit events.
4. Retailer Charter – RWAF quotes an independent survey done in 2006 which found that 82% of rabbits in the U.K. were kept in hutches smaller than the RSPCA recommended size. The RWAF Charter is a pledge for retailers to promise they will not sell rabbit hutches smaller than the recommended size, and will ensure that each rabbit purchaser receives important detailed information about how rabbits should be cared for.
5. Is a Rabbit For Me? – Another printable two-page leaflet that folds in thirds. Every prospective rabbit owner who, on impulse, wants to take home an adorable bunny simply because they are so cute and cuddly should know what’s in this brochure.
Especially for rabbit organizations based in the U.K., Hoppington Post highly recommends going to http://www.rabbitwelfare.co.uk/ahutchisnotenough.htm The links for the five Advice Leaflets to Download are in a box in the middle of the right sidebar.
They are published as PDF files, so to read them you need Adobe Reader software. You probably already have it, but if not, you can download it for free at http://www.adobe.com/products/reader.html
Image courtesy of RWAF